Invisalign in Boca Raton & Wellington, FL
Looking to straighten your smile the virtually invisible way? Invisalign clear aligners are comfortable and removable, giving you the freedom and flexibility to live on your terms while getting orthodontic treatment.
Dr. Santelli is an Invisalign Diamond Preferred Provider, placing him in the top 1% of Invisalign orthodontists nationally. Trust your smile with Santelli Orthodontics, and you’ll get a smile you love. Schedule your free Invisalign consultation today!
What is Invisalign and How Does the Process Work?
The Invisalign Process in 5 Steps
What Can Invisalign Fix?
What Are Invisalign’s Limitations?
Invisalign does have some limitations when it comes to complex or severe bite problems, such as:
- Serious bite problems: Invisalign is less versatile than braces for treating serious bite problems, especially severe overbites.
- Small or unusually shaped teeth: Invisalign cannot reshape teeth, making it challenging to treat very small or misshapen teeth. However, options like dental crowns or dental bonding can restore the shape of these teeth, making them compatible with Invisalign.
- Severely rotated teeth: Invisalign is effective for rotating teeth up to 20 degrees out of position. For teeth with more severe rotation, braces are generally recommended as they provide the necessary force and address other orthodontic issues like crowded teeth.
- Very large gaps between teeth: Invisalign can correct smaller gaps, but gaps larger than 6mm are generally not suitable for Invisalign.
- Raising and lowering teeth: Invisalign is not designed for significant vertical movement of teeth (extrusion and intrusion). While minor adjustments in tooth height may be possible, braces are typically more suitable for extensive vertical movement.
- If you’re not eligible for Invisalign, don’t worry! We have plenty of great braces treatment options to improve your smile.
Try On Your New Invisalign Smile
What are the Benefits of Invisalign Braces?
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
Invisalign Treatment Payment Options
Who Is a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
Invisalign for Teens
Invisalign Teen is designed specifically for teenagers, creating a transformative smile with the help of innovative features like SmartTrack® and SmartForce® materials. These proprietary advancements allow up to 50% faster treatment time! As your teen undergoes this remarkable transformation, they can continue to embrace their daily lives with confidence and stay true to their individuality.
Invisalign for Adults
It is never too late to achieve a beautiful smile! Invisalign Adult offers effectiveness, convenience, and subtlety with your orthodontic treatment. These removable aligners allow you to maintain your normal lifestyle, whether it’s enjoying your favorite foods or smiling with confidence. With Invisalign Adult, you can embark on your journey to a straighter smile without compromising your confidence or daily routine.
Top Quality Invisalign Treatment in Wellington & Boca Raton, FL.
Invisalign clear aligners are an amazing option for patients who want to align their teeth while flying under the radar! If you’re curious about getting Invisalign in Boca Raton & Wellington, it’s time to take the first step toward your dream smile. Contact us today to get your free Invisalign consultation!
Frequently Asked Questions About Invisalign Clear Aligners
Invisalign aligners provide convenience and flexibility for eating, drinking, and snacking, allowing you to easily remove them whenever you need them. This also allows you to brush and floss normally and maintain oral health easily. On special occasions, you can temporarily take off your aligners and enjoy yourself without compromising your treatment. Invisalign seamlessly integrates into your daily activities, straightening your teeth while you do your routine. With clear aligners, you can be yourself and confidently show off your smile throughout the treatment process. Invisalign also offers the opportunity to achieve a picture-perfect smile for special events. Treatment appointments are convenient, with quick visits every eight to fifteen weeks, allowing you to continue with your daily life while making progress toward your ideal smile.
You must wear each set of aligners for 20 to 22 hours daily and switch to a new set every 1 to 2 weeks. Follow your orthodontist’s instructions to make sure your treatment is progressing well.
The duration of Invisalign treatment can vary depending on individual factors such as the complexity of the case and the specific alignment goals. On average, Invisalign treatment typically takes 12 to 18 months to achieve the desired results. However, some cases may require a shorter or longer treatment time.
With Invisalign clear aligners, you can enjoy any food you like without restrictions. Unlike traditional braces, which have a lengthy list of foods to avoid, Invisalign allows you the freedom to eat without worry. Remember to remove your aligners before indulging in your favorite meals or snacks.
Clean your aligners with anti-bacterial soap and a soft-bristled toothbrush. Brush the aligners lightly and gently to avoid scratching or damaging it. After that, you can soak your aligner trays in a solution with Invisalign cleaning crystals. Dissolve the cleaning crystals in water according to the instructions provided. Remember to always follow the specific cleaning instructions provided by Dr. Santelli for the best results!
- Toothbrush: For daily cleaning, use a soft-bristled toothbrush to gently wash away bacteria. Avoid using toothpaste, as it can be abrasive and may scratch the plastic. Instead, use a colorless and odorless antibacterial soap to remove plaque, followed by rinsing with lukewarm water to prevent the warping of the retainers.
- Invisalign Cleaning Crystals: These cleaning crystals effectively remove bacteria. It is considered one of the best ways to clean retainers. Start by removing your retainers and rinsing them with cold water. Place them in a container, cover them with lukewarm water, and add a packet of Invisalign cleaning crystals. Gently shake the container to dissolve and distribute the crystals. Let the retainers soak for 15 minutes, then rinse with water.
- Distilled White Vinegar: This DIY cleaner is safe and effective for removing plaque and bacteria buildup. After brushing your retainers, mix one part of distilled white vinegar with three parts of lukewarm water in a container. Submerge the retainers in the solution and let them soak for 15 to 20 minutes. Finish by rinsing off the water and vinegar solution.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: Another DIY cleaning option, hydrogen peroxide is great for cleaning, disinfecting, and removing stains. Mix equal parts hydrogen peroxide and water, drop the retainers into the solution, ensuring they are fully submerged, and let them sit for 15 to 30 minutes before removing and rinsing.
- Ultrasonic Cleaner: If you’re willing to invest in a cleaning device, an ultrasonic cleaner is an excellent option. These devices use high-frequency sound waves to quickly and effectively clean bacteria and debris from retainers. Simply place the retainers in the ultrasonic cleaner, follow the manufacturer’s instructions, and voila!
When you first start wearing aligners, you may develop a slight lisp. This is normal and tends to improve quickly with practice. The aligners, although thin, change the space in your mouth, which can affect how your tongue moves and cause difficulties with pronouncing “S” and “Z” sounds. If you experience a lisp, it should only last for a few days.
Invisalign offers a more comfortable alternative to traditional braces by avoiding wires. While wearing each new set of aligners, you may experience temporary discomfort or pressure for the first few days. However, this is normal and indicates that the treatment is progressing as intended, bringing your teeth closer to their desired alignment.
You can chew gum, just remember to remove your aligners beforehand. Chewing gum, particularly sugary varieties, can adhere to your aligners and potentially harm them. It is also advisable to moderate your overall gum-chewing habits to ensure you adhere to the recommended daily wear time for your aligners.
We advise against smoking while wearing Invisalign aligners as it can cause staining on the aligners.
In general, adult Invisalign patients are typically required to visit the orthodontist at least once every six weeks. During these appointments, your orthodontist will ensure that your smile is progressing and your aligners are effectively accomplishing their intended purpose.
After completing orthodontic treatment, whether with braces or Invisalign, you should wear a retainer as directed to prevent teeth from shifting back.
The possibility of wearing Invisalign or any teeth-straightening method depends on the number of crowns you have. If you have crowns on just one or two teeth, you may still use Invisalign or other methods to straighten your teeth.
An Invisalign Diamond Preferred Provider is an orthodontic practice that has achieved a high level of experience and expertise in providing Invisalign treatment. Diamond Preferred Providers have treated a significant number of patients with Invisalign, completed advanced training, and maintain a high level of patient satisfaction. Choosing an Invisalign Diamond Preferred Provider ensures that patients receive care from a highly qualified professional with a proven track record of successful Invisalign treatments.
Over 6,000,000 patients worldwide have already benefited from Invisalign aligners, and the number of satisfied smiles continues to increase daily.